Roger Feely, Principal of Soul Cocina, is an eco-chef, sustainable food-systems educator, and curator of food-related cultural events. Roger works with SERES to deliver Foodscapes, an experiential learning program that incorporates culture, tradition, seed-to-plate systems thinking, and sustainability to create a holistic shift in beliefs and habits to invite a new culture around food that celebrates the rich bio-cultural diversity and interdependence of people, place, and food.
Through the Foodscapes experience, we help participants to:
- Radically shift their understanding of food and connection to the land from a transactional relationship to an integrated holistic relationship
- Develop food literacy and cultivate an understanding of food from the seed to the plate
- Demonstrate how cooking and eating choices affect the land, society and public health.
- Consider how food systems have changed and how the system continues to change.
- Learn more about where our food comes from and how it gets to our plate.
- Become encouraged to make healthy choices for people and the planet by shifting customs and eating habits away from fast-food/junk food.
Foodscapes at University of Cailfornia, Irvine
Foodscapes Journeys in Central America